the end of a very long road

We learned yesterday that another of our unborn children had been promoted to Glory.  An ultrasound on Saturday morning revealed that our nearly 12 week old little one only measured 8 weeks and no heartbeat could be detected.  Angie has not miscarried and we will learn more about what the next steps are on Monday when we meet with our doctor. 

This brings us to the end of the difficult journey into biological parenthood.  Since losing Zoe Grace at 18 weeks almost three years ago, we have sought after God and have found peace in the decision that this would be our last attempt ... while we’ve heard stories of women experiencing 7, 8 , 9, even 10 or more miscarriages before delivering a perfectly healthy baby, we do not have the emotional stamina to continue experiencing this type of loss. 

We believe that God has a great plan for our life, but we now believe that it may not include our own biological children.  Now we begin the process of healing.  We will seek God’s leading as we consider adoption or remaining content with a fulfilling and exciting life of ministry as a couple.

Thanks to all of you who have been praying - though these are difficult days, we take comfort in the words of David:

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
        Psalm 27:4-6

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise ...
        Psalm 18:1-3

Comments