brokenness

I am doing a study with two wonderful women from my church, and I gotta say that God has been doing a lot in my heart the past few days.  Here is an excerpt from my book, “Goodness” by Calvin Miller.
Christian convert and teacher Watchman Nee said that brokenness always releases the sweet aroma of our approval before God....Those who have cried with tears that only God could heal have found their crying made them needy and their neediness elicited God’s pity--God’s healing--God’s outrageous love.  Our brokenness carries God’s fragrance.  

The woman who anointed Jesus was good--the good was implanted in her life by Jesus himself.  Every ounce of goodness he places in our lives should be offered up to him in praise.  In the end we must adore him.  It is a wonderful pilgrimage, the journey from our need to His exaltation.

Sometimes I get really choked up when I think about the goodness of Jesus and His Father, God.  The plan was so perfect.  To allow Christ to cover me once and for all, at the point that I believe in Him is such incredibly good news. When we are broken, before Him....it allows what His son did on the cross to shine.  This is life isn’t it?  Just a series of broken moments.  I’m not trying to be melancholy at all, just realistic. 
Our lives are filled with “moral underperformance.”  We are not good enough, we have failures, bad stuff happens to us.  We need.  God fulfills.  This is the pilgrimage Calvin Miller is talking about.  Our need brings His exaltation. Our victories come because He is victorious.  
Praise God!  It’s simple, but man...I just had to give a shout out for God tonight.  He is SO good.
posted by d[angie]

Comments