yellow moths





I came home from Bible Study today and felt like a walk with my dogs.  So I put on my tennis shoes which always gets them excited because they know what is coming....and leashed them up.  We took off on our usual large loop around the property adjacent to our town home.  We live in an “unfinished” neighborhood so there are a lot of roads that really lead to nothing...they even have the green street signs naming streets with no houses only tall grass and brushy stuff.  There is a short walk from one of these “streets to nowhere” that leads to a small pond.  I like to walk the dogs out there and just check it out now and then.  Today on my trip I saw some geese and ducks taking a swim, but I also noticed these adorable little yellow moths flitting from one dandelion to another....so peaceful and lovely they were that it made me feel a bit poetic today.  So here is what came into my mind as I walked my sweet pooches (well this is what came to mind...I had to google the Spanish words):
Yellow Moths
Oh to be like thee sweet yellow moths
So carefree, or seeming to be.
Flitting and flying on the breath of God
Thy wings of gold shimmering.
Oh to be like thee little polilla amarilla
Playing two by two on nature’s verdant strands.
Tender friends living together in unity
Loving life, loving the other
In constant motion.
posted by d[angie]

Comments