please wait...

This is the theme of our lives these days.  Please wait...
I gotta tell ya, honestly, I am tired of waiting.  I am so ready to be a mommy and get on with this thing called adoption that I can’t even see straight.
One of the things that drew us to the Ethiopia program, among a myriad of other reasons was the 7 to 9 month waiting period for referral.  This was back in December of 2007 when we started filing our first paperwork.  Well...a lot has changed.  I’m not even sure what has changed other than increased popularity of the program, perhaps delays made by changes in the process for the government there....I really don’t know.  All I know is that the expected wait is now 12 to 14 months.  This has felt like a long time off and on, and actually right now it feels like an awfully long time to wait.  (CHSFS wait time begins after submission of dossier which for us was October 2008.)
I know I’m not supposed to compare myself to others, but it’s hard not to.  There are people who started filling out their paperwork at the same time we did, or even after we did, who have gotten their referrals, or are even waiting on a second referral for domestic adoptions.  
I know that God led us to this program on purpose, and no amount of time waiting should matter, because it’s the right program for us, and this wait is on purpose.  But it’s hard.  It’s really hard.
I would appreciate your prayers and continued encouragement blogland.  You are my kindred spirits in this process!

Comments