hearing silence



Hearing Silence was written out of response to a conference on adoption.  The first stanza is in reference to girls ravaged by sex-trafficking, the second is in reference to the orphan voice, and the third is about us.  All three are written from God’s vantage point.
I hear your silent, terrified cries.
You are never forgotten.
You are beautiful to me, my very heart!
I am with you always.
I see you on the street, in the back rooms, in the closet of your despair.
I know trust is nearly impossible for you.
I long to hold you, & rock you, dearest.
Lay your cheek upon my strong chest.
I hear your silent pleas for love.
You are precious to me.
You are from the hard places, few ever take time to think on.
I will never forsake you. 
I see you in the arms of those responsible for your physical care, the orphanages of dashed hope.
I understand your deepest desire for felt safety.
I will restore your spirit and clothe you with tangible peace.
I hear your silent hearts, oh followers.
Frankly, it’s deafening cadence is impossible to ignore.
You see so much need, yet you move very little and so slowly.
When help is offered you misunderstand my voice.
I see you in the church pew, the well-stocked grocery, the house of abundance.
There is so much you have not learned.
I will not back down, my loving kindness will not allow it.
The question remains...what will you do with what you know?

Comments