home is where the heart is



This beautiful Christmas ornament was a sweet surprise from one of my “bosom” friends.  Anyone remember that reference from Anne of Green Gables?  It’s a very special and close “sister” kind of friend.  She means a lot to me, as well do her children!
Anyway....must post a little this morning as my thoughts are far away from this wind-whistling, snow blowing (and drifting) cold tundra of a state this morning.  I am thinking about arid desert, rugged mountains, breath-taking falls, and one sweet, pure caramel-chocolate face.  I can’t wait to meet you sweet boy.  Only 4 days or so.  
Last night our church put on their annual Christmas concert.  It’s called Concert for Christmas, and it features our Middle School and High School bands, and then all of our adult musicians.  My husband works extraordinarily hard on putting it all together, and this year was no different.  A smashing success.  I knew this when our band did their rendition of Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s “A Carol of the Bells,” and there were spontaneous standing ovations in the crowd.  What a night.  
I had a holy moment during a song as I was standing on the risers singing away.  We were singing Josh Wilson’s “Sing.”  The lyric was this:
We could never get back home with broken hearts.
So home has come to meet us where we are.
I couldn’t even get the words out.  I was overcome while singing how applicable that is not only to our own spiritual lives, but to our baby boy in Africa.  Dan, myself and little Tate will soon become “home” to each other.  Home is not just about the structure in which you live, but the people you belong to.  We will become home to one another.  Tate does not have one right now.  We are bringing “home” to him.  All of our broken hearts will heal in God’s timing.  Amazing.

Comments