something fun to share



It may not look like much, but it's the beginning of something really amazing.  This display is a simple way to direct hearts and minds to the things of God.  

It's located downstairs in the children's wing at our church.  I've been working on it with several adoptive moms, and the Director of Children's Ministries at Constance (Jill).  I actually work for Jill for 15 hours/wk. in this department, but she and I have been cooking this up on the side.  She saw something like this in Germany at an air force base once.  It said something to the effect, "What time is it at home?"  It was a display of clocks with the times set to different time zones all over the world.  Our display is much the same, except it is made up of clocks that represent countries where there are orphans.  This is just a small handful of the countries of our world that are part of the global orphan crisis.  We hope to add more as time goes on, and space allows.  Many of them are hand made, some of them come from the actual country they represent.  How cool is that?

Like I said at the beginning of this post, this display is the beginning of something pretty amazing that my friends and I are embarking on together.  Stay tuned for more information....I will be posting something in a couple of weeks that explains what I am talking about!

Comments

  1. LOVE IT! God is doing some amazing things. I can't tell from the picture, do you have a US one yet? If so, I have an idea that won't cost much is anything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment