community choir



I signed up for a community choir today!  The practices are on Tuesday night starting September 6 through the beginning of December.  The concert is on Monday, December 5 at a local community college.  We will be singing pieces from Mozart's Requiem and some of his other choral pieces.  It's in honor of his death.  I'm just excited that I get to sing music from the "old days" of college chorale.  Anyone can join, and no audition is required...so who knows how the group will sound, but I have a feeling it will be fun.

A weekly outing for Mommy to enjoy her favorite thing (besides Daddy and Tate of course)!  It'll be interesting to get out there in the community as well, sometimes one can be lost in their church bubble.

It's actually kind of ironic this opportunity surfaced this week.  I've been feeling VERY nostalgic and lonely for our "chorale" days from Indiana Wesleyan.  We belong to the facebook page, and there have been a CRAZY amount of posts in the last week about all the memories from tours, host homes, ridiculous testimonies, concert goofs/accidents, etc.

So here I am wallowing in this memory, and someone forwards me an email about this choir event.  Amazed by the goodness of God today.  Hope this really is "fun."  I'll let you know after our first rehearsal.




Comments

  1. I've been thinking about joining our community choir as well. It would be such a blessing to sing some amazing pieces! I hope you enjoy it and your adventure outside the church bubble!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment