a great night

As I was thinking about writing this post, I thought I'd start off by complaining about the winter. I have since changed my mind. Enough complaining. It is what it is. I can't change it, and there's no use complaining about it anymore. Right?

So I'll talk about something nice. (Just like my mom used to instruct me to do.) Valentine's Day was very special this year. Dan and I usually do very little other than a sweet card to one another. Well this year we decided to splurge on a quiet, peaceful, classy meal together in one of our favorite locations. Marjorie McNeely Conservatory is quite possibly THE most lovely place in the Twin Cities. I love botanical gardens and this one does not disappoint. For a small donation you can be whisked away in the dead of winter into humid palm gardens, where one can see beautiful koi swimming carefree in ponds, listen to trickling water fountains…etc. My favorite room is the Sunken Garden, which is changed out seasonally to all kinds of different displays of my favorite flowers.

When I saw that the conservatory sponsors a Valentine's dinner IN the gardens, I nudged Dan and said…."um, I think we need to go to this." He agreed. There were musicians, waiters with white gloves, candlelight and wine. It was glorious. Enjoy my pictures! You'll notice I'm including shots of that which was most important…





Comments