a canvas for kindergarten


A canvas. A blank space. A place to make squiggles, dots and lines....that turn into letters, sentences and paragraphs. My boy is going to discover this place and more this year. His world is widening as my world shrinks just a tad without him in it for a part of the day. 

Ahhh. How much canvas does a five year old need for this? We will find out. Can Mom and Dad give it to him? Yes. We can. We will miss his quirky ways as they turn into the ways of a maturing little boy.  I secretly wish he stays little for awhile longer. I have a feeling a piece of that boy will always remain. 

Create away, my sweet boy. Paint, draw, write, figure and imagine. I'll try and let you grow up a little in kindergarten. There's so much to become. Just remember I love you. Always have. Always will. 

Comments