perspective

Life certainly is intriguing.  Even more so with a relationship with God.  You seriously have no idea what is next, oh you may think you have a plan, you may line up all of your ideas in a row, and think that you have “control” over all of it.  But no, you don’t.  Not even a little bit.
Lately my perspective on God’s will has been challenged.  It’s a good thing.  A test really.  Am I open and ready for him to “upset the fruit basket?”  I hope so.  He is everything.  At least he should be, shouldn’t he?  Yes.  
This life he bestows on us is a gift.  How often do we just ride through it forgetting what a ride we are on?  How much he longs to communicate with us.  How much he longs to receive attention from us.  He created us after all.  We were his favorite part of the whole thing.  What an honor for us, and how often do we just blow it off with our lack of feeling when we worship him?  I mean “life worship” not just singing your favorite tune on Sunday.  
I write all of this as my heart is so expectant and anxiety ridden for the day when Dan and I welcome our child into our home.  He or she is still residing in Africa at present.  We’ll know soon.  Soon is relative yes, but soon is coming.  He tested us the other day, and Dan and I were open to a change in his plans.  It didn’t turn out to be anything, but it made me feel alive again in this process.  It’s been a while that I’ve felt a bit stagnant.  The wait is so incredibly long.  It’s worth it though.  I’m learning so much about myself and more importantly my God.  He is amazing.  He can do anything.  He can make beautiful things out of the atrocious.  It never gets old for me, I hope it never does.
posted by d[angie]

Comments