a new love

I have found a new love....knitting!  I am kind of consumed by it these days.  Since last year I’ve been attending a small circle of ladies at my friend’s house called the “Constance Knitters.”  My friend Denise hosts the group, and has taught me to knit.  My first project was a baby blanket with the colors of the Ethiopian flag, upon finishing that I have been absorbed with knitting hats.  The patterns are so easy, and they are often very quick to finish.  It’s fun to do hats cuz you get to use the really fun circular knitting needles, and you just knit around, around, and around. 
I’ve been experiencing a bit of “antsyness” in the wait for our baby, so this has been a really nice distraction for me.  It feels like I can do something FOR our child, and it centers me.  Knitting is really very calming...all you do is follow the pattern and listen to your needles as they click away. It’s great!  I’ve posted a few pictures of my projects on the photos.  Enjoy!

Comments