you're the apple of my pie ...


Dan and I had a great time together tonight.  After putting away little puddin' face, we set to making apple pies with the 12 pounds of Honeycrisp apples that Dan purchased.  I started peeling and cutting them (20 cups for four pies mind you), and Dan played with Tate until it was time to go to bed.  Then Dan did all the mixin' of the sugary goodness.  We froze three of them to share with friends who are visiting us next month, and we are currently baking this one.....


We'll taste it tonight and tell you how it turned out.... Yay for "stay at home" date night nights with each other.  More than once, Dan said "this is fun honey, we never have done this together."  It warmed my heart.  He's a good guy.  I love him, I'm thankful for him, I will eat pie with him for the rest of my life.   :)

Comments

  1. Nate and I love cooking and doing things in the kitchen together. So glad you had a good night. By the way, it looks delicious.
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D There's something about togetherness in the kitchen that can be very romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta say that picture made my mouth water! Especially since our families favorite apples are Honey Crisp!!!

    DLN

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment