sensory bins

I am so excited!  Tonight I finally got to do some shopping for sensory bins for my little guy!  I've seen these EVERYWHERE, and have been influenced by my sweet friend Jill Discher who has created some of these for our preschoolers at church.  I'm hoping that Tate enjoys playing with these as much as Daddy and I will.  We will have to watch him closely as a few of these items will most likely end up in his mouth.  Most of the "filler" stuff is edible, but I would not let your toddler make a meal of it, obviously!

I plan on spreading out a beach towel on a table or the floor to catch some of the stray scoopfuls.  I thought I'd share some photos and short descriptions of what I put together.  In total I spent about $75 on all four bins.  Some of the items were purchased from a big box store, the dollar store, and from things that I had already.

1)  Bug & Amphibian Bin
(Split peas, salamanders, bugs, and even a small rat.  Ewwww.)



2) "On the Farm" Bin
(Rice, horses, ponies, and a fun little tractor.)  I would still like to find a little barn for this one!



3) "Oh so Soft" Bin
(Cotton, pom poms, alphabet & numbers, easter eggs, whiffle balls, and a squishy animal.)



4) Rocks & Trucks Bin
(Landscape rocks, lima beans and CAT Trucks, a little boy's dream!)




Let the fun begin! :)

Comments