availability

It's true.  God uses availability.  Sometimes you just have to say yes.  Making a little room in your day for God to move.  My dearest friends here in Minneapolis and I had some serious fun today.  The actual "act" was more work than fun, but the outcome was deeply rewarding.  We had the privilege of volunteering at a battered women's shelter.  We bought a can of paint and gave a facelift to one of the bedrooms that a young woman and her kids will unfortunately need to use either tonight, or tomorrow, or one day soon.

I have no concept of this.

The reasons that bring these women to this place are horrifying, but as we painted I couldn't help but think that this room could bring the experience she needs to get her life on track.  What a blessing for me to be able to spackle the wall, paint it, clean the floor a bit, buy some new bedding, a curtain....small things that will make the space more cheery.  A place to sleep while her heart is breaking. What we did today was really nothing in an of itself.  I don't share my thoughts here to brag about serving in some mighty way.  I share my thoughts as a way to process what I feel and think about Jesus. His plan is for us to participate.  Use the hands and feet he gave us to let our worship move.   My prayer is that those who come through the door (of that small dorm) find reprieve.  A chance to begin again.  Protect them Jesus.

Here is the room just after we painted "Drops of Dew" over a dingy sage green.


























Here are some "after" shots.




Denise, Heidi and I




Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the experience. Denise was blessed in serving with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats TOTALLY AWESOME and heartbreaking all wrapped up in one... What a gift that room will be to MANY! Great post Ang. So encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies did an amazing job, it looks beautiful. What a great experience you shared together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment