8.29.98

Tomorrow marks year 13 for Dan and I.  Wow.  I think it's awesome.  To have reached this year, or any year for that matter with your best friend and still have a smile on your face is a good thing.  Especially through the years we've shared most recently through a rather draining, and emotionally charged adoption process.  

Marriage can be a lot of things:

ooey-gooey romantic
companionship
give-n-take
servanthood personified
endurance building
character developing

You get the picture.  It's one of the BEST, HARDEST things I've ever done in my life.  The one thing it is NOT is:

temporary. 

When that becomes an option, ya got trouble.  I've watched very dear friends and family members struggle through extremely difficult circumstances and hang on, I've also watched them give up.  I'm not here to judge, I'm just a by-stander watching along with everyone else the way the enemy tries to divide the most basic and beautiful of human connections.  He's good at it.  It's heart breaking.  

My prayer for the next 13 years of our marriage is that God will continue to give Dan and I strength to be honest, self-sacrificing, trusting, vulnerable and godly.  With HIS help we can make it.  I shared this video on facebook, it's a pretty cool song.  Have a listen...

Comments

  1. Congratulations!

    I'm so proud to be in your long list of friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!! 13 years and going strong, congratulations.
    ~Natalie Klauser

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment